Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week...3-1-10

For The Week Of 3-1-10

5. Picking up and enjoying the tasty treat that is In-n-Out burgers (and animal style fries) with my favorite person in the world, from our apartment, on a rainy day.

4. Rewatching (except part 2 ) the Indiana Jones films = For most of this week, movie wise, it was Indy week at the apartment. And I dont mean independent films. Each night, Mel put on a different Indiana Jones film. And, while I'd only a few years ago seen all of them, it was fun to sit back and relax with a few fun action movies. We enjoyed them.

3. Going to Spoontonic on Friday night, having a few drinks and hanging out with some of my old peeps from Borders.

2. Saturday Night - For the first time ever I watched "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs". And I enjoyed it. 8/10. I dont know why I waited so long to see it. After the movie, Mel and I played Mario Kart on our Nintendo DS'. And I got my 200th victory (according to the games stats) over my Love. In all honesty, I didnt think we played that game as much as the records told me we did. Still, it was a fun night.

1. Spending a friday with The Ganda Girls - On friday I went with Mel and her sisters to see "Alice In Wonderland" in 3D. The movie wasnt that great. 6/10. Too much of the same Tim Burton / Johnny Deep familiarity. After the movie we hung out at the apartment where, for the first time ever, I watched the Disney version of "Alice In Wonderland" (before anyone reading points this out, yes, there are more than a few old Disney cartoons I've yet to see). And I liked it, slightly, more than the new live action version. 7/10 (or some weird fraction in a mad hatter rating scale...mayhaps, 700/100...or something). Though the movies were just okay. I had fun. as I always do, hanging out with Mel and her sisters.

So..that's it.

What's been cool about your week ?

No comments: