Wednesday, March 31, 2010
5. Having a bbq with my coworkers while the store was closed for a week, for remodeling.
4. Spending the day at Santa Cruz - During my week off Mel and I decided to drive to Santa Cruz and enjoy a day at the beach. We spent a few hours laying out in the sand, reading, relaxing and dipping our toes in the sand.
3. The "Richard" episode of "Lost" - The past few episodes of Lost have been kick ass. It's still frustrating at times (stop introducing new people, start wrapping up the old peoples stories) but this weeks episode...featuring the islands ageless "advisor" was awesome !!
2. Getting a library card
1. The tomato rice/ beef' 'n' spinish dish Melanie made for dinner on Friday night -In all honesty, it was one of the best meals ever made on our stove !! I ate and ate till I couldn't move.
What's been cool about your week ?
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
HM: The crispy shrimp we got from the dim sum place.
5. Finally tasting the much talked about Zucchini lasagna that Celine made on Sunday- For years now Mel has talked about how awesome this dish was...and she was right !! A tasty meal.
4. Watching Harry Potter with Mel,her Mom and Ashley - A fun, unplanned night, watching the potter and eating some burger king.
3. Drinking + Mario Kart = Awesome !! - Lose a race, take a drink...Mel is the better driver than I...that is all I really remember....
2. Picking my Giants games for the upcoming season - And while I only got a few games this year, they are good ones, and I'm really looking forward to the season starting !!
1. Grabbing a few blankets, some bottles of water and spending an afternoon on my day off reading in the park with the most beautiful girl in the world - In case you were wondering, though it should not come as a shock, I'm talking about The Melanie!!
What's been cool about your week ?
Thursday, March 18, 2010
For The Week Of 3-8-10
5. Rewatching "The Emperors New Groove"- Up until last year I'd never seen this movie. And I'm so glad I decided to watch it. A fun, FUNNY movie that I enjoy from start to finish. You put this on after Disney's Hercules...maybe with some nachos to feed me...and you've got one happy Tommy !!
4. Library book sale - The other day, while visiting the library (also on the list) I saw a sign that read : Library book sale Sat. So myself, Melanie and my Mom decided to check it out. My Mom, who loves reading more than maybe anyone on this planet, found something in the neighborhood of 20 books...all for under the prices of a new paperback!! Mel, another book junkie, found some books shes been looking forward to reading for sometime. And even I found one or two paperbacks that looked great. It was a fun time.
3. The bacon,mushroom and provalone burger I had at Big Mouth burgers in San Bruno - The mushrooms were fresh , the bacon was extra crisp (just like I like) and the cheese was melted (always a plus). It was a tasty meal.
2. The Shrimp, abalone, alvacado and oysters cocktail I had at the Mexican place I dont know the name of in Hayward.
1. My Great thursday - Went to eat some sushi for lunch then went to 1/2 price books were I got a comic book for a quarter. Went to Flying colors were Mel bought me the new issue of "Cable". Went to the library where Mel got a library card and I checked out the first book of "Y the last man", which I'd been looking forward to reading. After a trip to Safeway, we made some kickass tacos. A fun day with my favorite person.
(Top 3 was all food, I must've been hungry this week !! And am getting hungry writing this. Haha)
What's been cool about your week?
Friday, March 12, 2010
Though it often feels like just a year or two ago...20 years ago today, its hard to belive, my Dad passed away.
I thought today would be filled with sadness, and although remembering todays anniversary was the first thing on my mind as I woke up, today was a really good day. And it was all because of Melanie.
In years past, on this day, as my friends can attest, I would go out and simply get really drunk. I dont know why, but at the time, it seemed like a good escape. Not the case this year. With a short work day, I was able to come home and spend the better part of my day with my favorite person in the world. Spending time with her today...we read, we laughed and just hung out...it took my mind of things. It helped. Without realizing it Mel made what I thought was going to be an awful day, a day I was dreading since, well, the beginning of the year...without realizing it she made it a great day. And all she did was simply be herself. We didnt do anything special, go anywhere special or anything like that. She is simply is my definition of happiness.
And when I'm sad, no matter what, coming home to her makes it all better.
Thank you. I love you.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
For The Week Of 3-1-10
5. Picking up and enjoying the tasty treat that is In-n-Out burgers (and animal style fries) with my favorite person in the world, from our apartment, on a rainy day.
4. Rewatching (except part 2 ) the Indiana Jones films = For most of this week, movie wise, it was Indy week at the apartment. And I dont mean independent films. Each night, Mel put on a different Indiana Jones film. And, while I'd only a few years ago seen all of them, it was fun to sit back and relax with a few fun action movies. We enjoyed them.
3. Going to Spoontonic on Friday night, having a few drinks and hanging out with some of my old peeps from Borders.
2. Saturday Night - For the first time ever I watched "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs". And I enjoyed it. 8/10. I dont know why I waited so long to see it. After the movie, Mel and I played Mario Kart on our Nintendo DS'. And I got my 200th victory (according to the games stats) over my Love. In all honesty, I didnt think we played that game as much as the records told me we did. Still, it was a fun night.
1. Spending a friday with The Ganda Girls - On friday I went with Mel and her sisters to see "Alice In Wonderland" in 3D. The movie wasnt that great. 6/10. Too much of the same Tim Burton / Johnny Deep familiarity. After the movie we hung out at the apartment where, for the first time ever, I watched the Disney version of "Alice In Wonderland" (before anyone reading points this out, yes, there are more than a few old Disney cartoons I've yet to see). And I liked it, slightly, more than the new live action version. 7/10 (or some weird fraction in a mad hatter rating scale...mayhaps, 700/100...or something). Though the movies were just okay. I had fun. as I always do, hanging out with Mel and her sisters.
What's been cool about your week ?
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
5. Eating cheap (tasty) food -At the risk of stating the obvious, bbq ribs are damn tasty. And this place, smokin' okies, a mile or two from the apartment, has $1 a rib night on Monday nights. The jack in the box a few blocks away did a promotion where, with the purchase of a large soda, you could get a free sandwhich. And because of this, Mel and I enjoyed a tasty lunch. And the chicken bakes and pizza slices are cheap and good at costco. Good food, at the right prices.
4. Downloading some good songs - Found some hidden gems ( Stevie wonder and Stevie Ray Vaughn playing "Superstition" together) I didnt know about. Found some songs I've always liked ("I'd rather be with you" by Bootsie Collins and, the song that samples the same beat, "Gettin It" by Too $hort) but didnt own. As a music geek, I had a great night looking for new tunes.
3. Finally, after a long time thinking it was lost, finding my Nintendo DS- one of my favorite consoles has come back to me...and I celebrated this by out driving Mel in Mario Kart...
2. The acoustic version of "Like A Stone" by Chris Cornell- I liked this Audioslave song when it first came out and this stripped down version sounds even better.
1. "Shutter Island" - A great, tense movie. I thought I figured out how it would end from watching the trailer...but a twist at the end told me I hadn't figured everything out. I enjoyed this movie. 8/10.
So, that's it...
What's been cool about your week...?