Friday, March 12, 2010

Today

Today is March 12, 2010...

Though it often feels like just a year or two ago...20 years ago today, its hard to belive, my Dad passed away.

I thought today would be filled with sadness, and although remembering todays anniversary was the first thing on my mind as I woke up, today was a really good day. And it was all because of Melanie.

In years past, on this day, as my friends can attest, I would go out and simply get really drunk. I dont know why, but at the time, it seemed like a good escape. Not the case this year. With a short work day, I was able to come home and spend the better part of my day with my favorite person in the world. Spending time with her today...we read, we laughed and just hung out...it took my mind of things. It helped. Without realizing it Mel made what I thought was going to be an awful day, a day I was dreading since, well, the beginning of the year...without realizing it she made it a great day. And all she did was simply be herself. We didnt do anything special, go anywhere special or anything like that. She is simply is my definition of happiness.

And when I'm sad, no matter what, coming home to her makes it all better.

Thank you. I love you.

No comments: