Monday, January 25, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week...1-18-10

For The Week Of 1-18-10

5. New Tires - A week or so ago, I went to get an oil change. And, as they would tell me, the tires needed to be replaced. All of them !! This was an expensive job and I felt Honda was going to overcharge me. Costco, where I eventually took the car, had a much better deal. And with a coupon (thanks Celine and Mel's Dad) and My Mom helping me out, I'm now driving on four good tires !!

4. When The Rain Comes Down...- On Monday, with the clouds gathering overhead, Mel and I went to safeway and got all we'd need to feed ourselves for what looked like a rain soaked week. And we were right. The rain poured and poured. Lightning flashed as if someone where taking a picture of us (a tree, while we were watching, was hit by a lightning bolt. We watched as it smoked up, only to be put out by the downpour). But, having that first rain filled day off, it was great to hang out, watch movies, read and be with my Melly, all while the rain outside acted as our backround music.

3. The downloadable content on SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 for the xbox 360 - It seems every game, be it months or years after hitting stores, offers some downloadable content. Sometimes its a new level or chracter and its almost always at a price. However, thus far, the dlc for this game has been free. And you have a ton of stuff to choose from. My favorite is the ability to download, FOR FREE I TELL YOU, a created chracter someone else has uploaded to the database. And seemingly anyone you want is there. From almost any genre...be it old wrestler (ricky the dragon steamboat)...comic book chracter (cyclops, cable, spiderman)...you can even get Harry Potter in the ring for a cage match...I've been enjoying the hell out of this game (maybe a little too much, have yet to play nba 2k10) and this has just added to the overall fun for me.

2. Hanging out, riding bart and going to the swap meet with The Ashley - We picked up a few (I hope) good bootlegs. But, more than that' I had alot of fun.

1. A Legen...wait for it...dary 4 seasons-in-4-days "How I Met Your Mother" marathon with The Melanie - I like this show and, taking advantage of the sweet combination of a gift card and a sale at target, I picked up the last two seasons of this show...I'd already owned the first two. And I started watching. Once Mel woke up, she started watching with me. Before we knew it, hours went by. And we were cracking up. It was  a great time...enjoying a great show (you, whomever is reading, should check it out) , with my favorite person.

So...thats it.

What's been cool about your week?

No comments: