Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week....1-11-10

For The Week Of 1-11-10

5. Music...on TV !! -Although I do not watch every week, I happend to catch the new episode of "Specticle..with Elvis Costello", a show I've enjoyed from time to time. This week had John Prine, Lyle Lovett and the always awesome Ray Lamontagne. The interviews were so so but it was the preformances that caught my fancy. In one "jam" session it was E.C. on guitar,John Prine on drums and Ray on vocals singing a Towns Van Zant song...I forget which one. It sounded great. Also, this week...history was made. I've been watching "Austin City Limits" for some time now and enjoy the preformances. For the first time in its 35 year history,a hip/hop artist was the preforming act. And Mos Def didnt let me down. Midway through he show he did a decent cover of "Billie Jean" and an above average moonwalk as well...

4. Spending the day with My Mom,having lunch and watching a movie - I didn't expect greatness going in to watch "Sherlock Holmes", I didn't get greatness. What I did get was an enjoyable movie from start to finish with action and humor. This would have been great as a summer movie, though with the crowded summer (crappy) movie schedule, I could see why it came out so late. Jude Law and Robert Downey jr. made for a fun duo,playing off of eachother well. Ienjoyed this movie, 7/10.

3. Having a great dinner (great kahn's is tasty !!) and, later, eating candy apples with Melanie - A fun night out with my love.

2. Painting, watching Harry Potter and hanging out with Mel,her sisters and her mom- I'm no painter,I'm not a great draw-er, I'm not a surperb speller (which had nothing to do with the other two, or this post, but I felt I needed a third thing) but, at Mel's Mom's crafts place ( THE CRAFTERS RETREAT...LOOK IT UP, GO THERE !!) I ended up painting a little and I think it came out okay. I had fun the whole time though...

1. Doing,for the first time ever, stand up comedy @ a open mike night - From the encouragement of Mel and our friend Zac (who has been bugging me to do this for a year + now), I did a few minutes of stand up this week. Zac went and did his act as well, he did good. And Because I was so nervous, I only told a few people there. Having Rick and Mel there was great, I needed the family support. I went on second to last and got a few laughs. I got heckled as well ( Mel told her to shut the F up !! with a few more letters after the letter "F"!! ). I may do it again...and when I do, I will let whomever wants to go, know.

So...that's it.
What's been cool about your week ?

No comments: