Monday, January 11, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week...1-4-10

(For The Week Of 1-04-10)

5. Eating some tasty Fish & Chips with my Melly

4. The season finale of "Californication" - I've been watching this show, about a hard boozin' writer, since it started 3 seasons ago. And I've enjoyed most, if not all, of the episodes. This finale was no letdown and kept me excited for next season. There IS going to be a next season...right?

3. The Beatles and The Potter...- Gamefly brought me "Rockband: The Beatles" and I got play it with Ashley, Frannie and Mel. It was fun but, weird as this might sound (given how excited I was about it coming out), I think I enjoyed good ol' "Rockband 2" a little more. After a few hours of acting like the Fab 4, we decided to play the Harry Potter Board game Fran got Mel and I for christmas. The rules were complicated as hell but, once we got the hang of it, it was a fun game. Melanie won.

2. "Hitman" by Bret 'Hitman' Hart - When I was little (though I still sometimes watch now) I loved wrestling. Watching it. Talking about it with my friends (okay, we still sometimes do this). And Bret Hart was one of my favorites. When I was working at Borders, I saw his autobiography and wanted to read it. But it was too expensive. Thankfully, for my birthday, my Mom got it for me. On paperback (Tom fact: Paperback is, almost always, better than hardback...a hardback looks weird when tucked into your back pocket). This book was fantastic. Full of funny, interesting and, at times, sad stories about his career. If you know who this wrestler is, read this book.

1. Getting a few drinks with Zac and Melanie at Spoontonic on a wed. night- Always fun hanging with the Z-man and, course, The Melanie. As I drove them home, I put on my holiday mix and it was funny to hear them sing along, loudly, to the theme to the "Golden Girls"...also, making fun of me for admitting (shut up) that I've seen "Coyote Ugly" more than once....and by making fun of me, I mean, chanting "TOMMY LOVES COYOTE UGLY !!" over and over for a few blocks. Haha.

So...that's it.
What's been cool about your week?

No comments: