Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week... 7-25-11

For the week of 7-25-11:

5.  Scott pilgrim volume 1&2- went to a going out of business sale at the Borders in stonestown. And because I liked the movie I picked up the first volume of the Scott pilgrim series and liked it. Alot. So much so that by weeks end I bought volume 2. Fun, funny reads that I really enjoyed. Looking forward to reading volume 3. 

4. X-men : schism #'s 1&2- this is the new big Xmen event. Issue one was really good and I enjoyed it, issue two was just okay. Still, I'm interested in seeing where this story goes...

3.  Melly's dinner on Monday - steak, homemade mashers & broccoli ... what a meal !! My Melly made dinner on Monday and everything tasted fantastic 

2. Drinking  sodas and watching old sitcoms with my uncle Bobby on a Sunday afternoon - and for a few hours there, it was just like old times.

1. My day off Friday in Santa Cruz with Melanie - slept in and then drove to santa Cruz with my Melly. Awhile back I was watching the travel channel and they said the originator of chocolate covered bacon was right there on the beach boardwalk. And knowing this I HAD to try some. It was good but I wouldn't have it all the time. We ended up hanging out on the beach for a few hrs ( where I read Scott pilgrim vol. 2). I almost lost a shoe in the water and had to fight the current for it. Haha. We rode the bumper cars. I had cheese fries. Later, we had a nice dinner. On the drive home the sky was shades of blue, purple and black... All in all, this is what days off were meant for. Such a great day with my love.

So.., that's it.
What's been awesome about your week?

No comments: