Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week 2-28-11

Top 5:

For the week of 2-28-11:

5. Smokin oakies on friday night- we went to dinner at smokin oakies on Friday and, in addition to some tasty food, there was live music that was pretty good.

4. "Flipped"- this was a Mel pick brought to you by netflix. She had read the book and thought the movie would be fun. I didn't expect much and I ended up thinking it wad great !! A simple story of boy-meets-girl with no stars in it. And I thought it was great. 7.5/10.

3. Boozing at spoontonic on  sat night with Melly , kc, Emilio ( a cameo by Liz leal ) and Zac !! - awesome people, great music and late night drunken video games with the boys !!! Fun fun night !

2. The food at Melanie's aunt Cheryl's house on Monday - fantastic food from some of my favorite chefs. I always leave a family party stuffed and dreaming of leftovers. For days.

1.  hamburger steak from the chick-n-coop - a taste of the neighborhood ( the excelsior district, in case you were wondering. And if you live there you know what I'm talking about !!), a taste of nostalga. I remember being in the 6th grade and my uncle picking me up from school and we would walk to get dinner for my mom and us at the chick-n-coop. And while the sandwiches and rice pudding is great it's the hamburger steak ( with mashers and gravy ) that was always my favorite. And it's still great as ever. 

So, that's it...
What's been awesome about your week?

No comments: