Friday, September 24, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week...9-13-10

Really late writing the Top 5 this week, but better late than never.

Also : This blog just passed 100 hits...not alot compared to some but for a blog with only a few known followers, it's pretty damn cool. Thank you for reading, whomever you are.

For the week of 9-13-10

5. Spiderman : Shattered Dimensions - I've been hearing about this game for awhile now and decided to rent it from Blockbuster. I played for about an hour and found it to be a fun game. It kinda reminded me of the Wolverine game that came out last year, except without the blood and guts (which was an awesome part of THAT game). Still. it was fun to play...and hear. Spiderman was voiced by neil patrick harris (NPH !!) and the trademark spiderman sarcasm was there, and funny !

4. Eating at country waffle with Ashley.

3. Watching the Giants BEAT LA (2-1) with Chris King- And having a ton of beers before the game was fun too !!

2. Eating at the always great Mandalay and then watching The Tallest Man On Earth play at the Filmore - This was, in all honesty, the first show The Melanie and I have been to together. The Tallest Man On Earth was first played for me by Mel and I liked it (though to be honest, she knows his music better). When we heard he was coming to town, Mel jumped on the tickets. Great music and a great time.

1. Watching the Giants beat the Brewers (9-2) with Melanie - I first went to a baseball game when I was 9 years old. My cousin Micheal took me to, sadly, see the Giants lose to the Padres. In the 20 years (WOW ! ) since that first game I've been to plenty more games...I've seen tons of cool stuff at the ballpark....but I've NEVER seen a grand slam. Until this week !! The giants hit a grand slam to jump out to an early lead. And best of all, I saw it with my favorite person in the world (and fellow Giants fan !! ). A day at the ballpark with my Melly is always a great day.

So...that's it.
What's been awesome about your week ?

No comments: