Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week...9-20-10

For The Week Of 9-20-10

5. "The Umbrella Academy" - back when I worked at Borders, I saw this comic in the racks. And passed it up. I admit, I thought, How good could a comic written by a emo artist possibly be ? But, over the years, I kept hearing about how good this series was. This week I saw the first issue was reprinted and selling for only one dollar. I decided to give it a try. Written by My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way, "The Umbrella Academy" is the story (as far as I can tell) of 7 heroes, born under mysterious circumstances, who save the world. The story in the first issue jumped around a little too much, but it did peak my interest in reading more.

4. Reading old school Transformers comics- Not too long ago, Mel and I went to Half Price Books where I bought a few old TF comics for .25 cents each. I read my fair share of the them when I was a kid and thought it would be a nice trip down memory lane. This week, while cleaning, I found a few more issues that I had. It was fun to read and I had a great time reading before bed.

3. Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief - I liked the movie so much, I read the book. And it was fun, funny and had a ton of action. Waaay different from the movie, it was a blast to read. I'm looking forward to reading more.

2. Spending a quiet night at home watching the giants game and reading comics with my Melly.

1. Having a great Sunday morning sleeping in and going to breakfast (IHOP) with Melanie before I started a long work day - It was great to spend the morning with my favorite person in the world !! I wish all mornings could be as great as this one.

So...that's it.
What's been awesome about your week ?

No comments: