Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week... 8-29-11

For the week of 8-29-11:

5. chicken 'n' grits- for a few weeks my coworkers have been telling me of a chicken and waffles place that opened up. And this week I went and took some food to go. I got the chicken and grits combo and it was good but a little cold by the time I got home. I think it'll be better if I ate there.

4. Scott pilgrim vol. 5&6- the last two volumes of a series that Mel & I enjoyed throughout. And while the ending wasn't that great the series as a whole was fantastic.

3. wolverine # 14 - the end of the "wolverine's revenge " story arc , the culmination of a 2 year story I've been reading. Simply fantastic ( the whole story arc as well as this issue) and one that I recommend any fan of wolverine reading. 

On any other week that might've been # 1 but I went to a pair of awesome Giants games this weekend...

2. star wars day@ the giants game with Ashley & Melanie - when I first heard the announcement for "star wars day" I wanted to go. Bad. Thankfully I got tix for us early. Later the found out the giveaway was a statue of Brian Wilson/ Han solo frozen in carbonite!!! People were dressed in costume and after the game ( sadly it was a loss to Arizona. A win the giants needed bad) they showed The Empire Strikes Back ( my fab star wars film) on the giant screen. It was a fun day.

1. free giants game on Friday- thanks to Melanie's dad we lucked into club level seats for the giants/dbags game on friday. The seats were awesome !! I'd never been to the club level and they have a ton of cool stuff there. Different food, roomy seats, good people. The giants played fantastic and managed to get an important win ... Carlos Beltran goes 4-4 with a hr and Cody f'n Ross gets a hr and makes one of the best catches I've seen all year !! after the game we walked around the club level and checked out all the memorabilia they had there. It was really cool to see all the players baseball cards, bobbleheads and actually touch a Barry bonds game bat. A fantastic night with the love of my life. 

So..That's it.

What's been awesome about your week?

No comments: