Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Thibgs This Week 5-30-11

Top 5: 

For the week of 5-30-11:

5.  in-n-out burgers for dinner- always tasty. I got a double double with animal style fries.

4. the heartbreaker ( French movie) - Melanie has been telling me about this movie for a week or two now and, this week, finally managed to sit me down long enough to watch on netflix instant. I thought I would be distracted by the subtitles but I wasn't. A funny movie that I really enjoyed. 7/10.

3. "Thor"- I'm not a big fan of Thor . And by not a big fan i really mean , not a fan at all. I was in fact not planning on seeing this movie until it came to DVD. Then, I found someone selling it on bootleg for $2 and I decided to check it out. A good quality bootleg ( though with Spanish subtitles on the bottom), I'll be honest and say I enjoyed this movie WAAAY more than I thought I would. Decent action and a good job by the guys who played Thor & his brother Loki . I'll give it a 7.5/10

2. watching Ducktales with Ashley & Melanie - growing up I watched the Disney afternoon almost everyday after school. And of all the shows on there my favorite was Ducktales ( Talespin being the other favorite). A long time ago, I found Ducktales on DVD used at amoeba. And while looking for something to watch saturday night, Ashley, Melanie & I  decided to check out some of the adventures of Scrooge Mcduck & co. It was a great time !!

1. X-men first class - this movie, the opposite of Thor , we've  been looking forward to seeing since it was announced more than a year ago. I was excited to see the mutants when they were young and then, when I heard they were focusing on prof. X & magneto ( magneto was supposed to get his own Xmen origins movie but they bailed on it) I was a bit skeptical. Then when I found out cyclops, iceman & co wouldn't even be in the movie, I doubted even going. The trailers looked cool so Melanie, Ashley & I decided to go. And I thought it was great. Although I think I should watch again before "officially" saying this, I'm going to "unofficially " say this was the best Xmen movie I've seen yet ( knocking X2 from the top spot). Full of action, inside comic geek nods & winks and some pretty good performances ( the guys who played Charles & Magneto stood out). I'm going to give this movie a 8.5/10. Looking forward to the DVD ( or, maybe, bootleg first).

So... That's it.
What's been awesome about your week?

No comments: