Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week...8-9-10

For The Week Of 8-9-10

5. Making some awesome tasting Turkey Burgers for Mel, Ashley and myself - I'd never made (or had, I think) Turkey burgers before. And it was damn tasty...easy to make as well. I made these with tater tots and I think it was liked by all.

4. Making picadillo at home for Melly and I - This was the second time I've ever made picadillo (ground beef, potatos, corn and I add mushrooms in a tasty tomato based stew) and the first time I've made it at my apartment. I lost the recipe my mom wrote down for me and had to go by memory. It came out great and was even a tasty lunch the next day at work !!

3. "Inception" - After weeks of wanting to see it, Mel and I finally checked out this movie. A good movie with the always awesome Leonardo Di Caprio and Joseph Gorden Livett. The special effects were cool and the story, or rather, what I understood of it, was good. I think, if watched a few more times, I will like it more...still it's a 7/10.

2. "Hellboy : The Right Hand Of Doom"- This graphic novel came to me thanks to the Walnut Creek library and was, in fact, the first Hellboy graphic novel I've ever read. As a fan of the movies, I decided to check it out. And I loved it. Full of cool battles, mythology and Hellboy sense of humor, I cant wait to read more.

1. Sitting in the cold, eating burgers, fries and later lukewarm hot chocolate at the ballpark and watching the Giants beat the Cubs 4-3 in 11 innings with Melanie, My Mom and Ashley - A fantastic game that took place on my Mom's Birthday....Happy birthday Mom, I hope you enjoyed the game...we all enjoyed watching it with you.

So...that's it.
What's been cool about your week ?

No comments: