Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tom's Top 5 Awesome Things This Week...5-31-10

For The Week Of 5-31-10

5. Frannie's 21 !! - This weekend my cousin Frannie turned 21 and we had a family bbq full of tasty food and family I hadn't seen in some time. Later, we went to a bar...more on this later...

4. Having a nice clean apartment - This, in all honesty, is all because of The Melanie.

3. The best idea I've had in some time - Mel, The Ashley and I made some S'MORES (!!) on Thursday night. I saw an ad in the Sunday paper for all the stuff you need to make s'mores being on sale and decided that getting it sounded like a delicious idea. And I was right !! We microwaved the chocolate and marshmallow and it was melty goodness.

2. A day off, a tasty trip - On my day off Melanie, Ashley and I took a trip to the Jelly Belly factory. The free tour is fun as you can see all the workers making the jelly beans, the air smelled of cherries and root beer, depending on where you were walking and at various times during the tour you are given sample jelly beans to eat. The icing on the cake though was the free bag of jelly beans you get at the end of the tour. A fun day.

1. Boozin' with my Mommy - As part of Frannie's 21st birthday festivities my family and I went to local bar, Spoontonic, for a few drinks. This was the first time ever that I've had a drink with my mom. She had A drink, I had several. It was fun and what I'm sure was a once in a lifetime experience.

So...that's it.
What's been cool about your week?

No comments: